Position Description & Duties
The Leadership Director is responsible for coordinating the leadership, volunteer, society and human resources-related training and development activities for the members of the state council and local SHRM chapters.
RESPONSIBLE TO: State Director
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Promote SHRM membership among practicing members of the human resource profession.
- Assists the council in the dissemination of information to Chapters providing timely and accurate responses to questions. Makes recommendations as warranted.
- Work with chapter leaders to incorporate state and SHRM goals into local chapter activities.
- Chair the planning of the yearly State Leadership Conference with assistance from the District Directors and State Director.
- Report to the State Council on a regular basis regarding the activities of the Leadership Conference committee.
- Identify individuals who demonstrate effective leadership roles within the district for potential leadership involvement on the council.
- Provides direction, assistance and support of professional development activities within the state and SHRM.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required.
- SHRM certification preferred.
- Self-directed work style
- Effective customer service skills
- Team orientation
- Ability to advocate for chapter and council
- Ability to recruit potential WISHRM council members
Serves a two-year term beginning the first of January and ending the last day of December. Appointed by the State Director. May be re-appointed for two additional terms for a total service of four years.
Back to Board of Directors
Unlimited Services of WI
Ph: (920) 516-7199
Term Start: 1/1/2019
Rachael has served the Green Bay Area SHRM board for 5 years including 3 years as the President Elect, President and Past President. She took a break for a few years and is looking forward to being more involved at the State level. She is currently in her 3rd year as the Leadership Director.
She graduated with the Human Resources Degree in 2001 from the University WI Eau Claire and has worked in HR for 20 years.