Serves as an appointed member of the State Council. Monitors and evaluates on a continuing basis national, state, and local activities concerning workforce readiness. Works in cooperation with local chapter Workforce Readiness Advocates.
- Serve as an advocate and program coordinator for workforce readiness State Council activities.
- Attend all State Council meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
- Identify and evaluate issues that impact workforce readiness and develop goals for State Council workforce readiness strategy.
- Serve as a resource for local chapter members on workforce readiness issues and provide leadership to the local chapters on education issues.
- Monitor local activities concerning workforce readiness and provide timely information on education issues to the State Director, local chapter President and local chapter Workforce Readiness Director.
- Develop and support workshops and seminars that address workforce readiness issues.
- Provide special recognition for local chapter members and for local programs that promote betterment of the local workforce through educational process.
- Participate in SHRM Workforce Readiness Core Leadership Area events, including the SHRM National Leadership Conference, the National SHRM Workforce Readiness Conference, and state and regional conferences.
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the State Council.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the State Director.
- SHRM membership in good standing required
- SHRM certification preferred
- Emerging Talent - Preparing high school and college students to enter the workforce
- Veterans at Work - Helping organizations attract, hire and retain members of the military community
- Getting Talent Back to Work - Helping the formerly-incarcerated transition back to the workforce
- Employing Abilities @ Work – Helping organizations hire, develop, advance and retain individuals with disabilities in their workplace
Serves a one-year term beginning with the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be reappointed for two additional terms for a total service of three years.