WI SHRM Council Announces 2019 Diversity Advocate Award Winner
On October 18 during the WI State SHRM HR Conference, Schreiber Foods was announced as the winner of the 2019 Diversity Advocate Award. The award is awarded annually to a company or organization that demonstrates organizational achievements in diversity and inclusion, as well as being an organization who has been a role model in their local community as a strong advocate for diversity.
Schreiber Foods has integrated numerous diversity and inclusion practices within their organization that demonstrates positive actions toward building and maintaining a diverse workforce such as:
These efforts have led to a higher gender balance at most levels of the organization, with the director level seeing a 44% increase over a six year period. To continue this progress into the executive level, Schreiber launched a “Transition to Executive Management” program to prepare senior leaders for executive roles. The program specifically ensures that women are included in each cohort group.
Schreiber is active in demonstrating its diversity and inclusion efforts within the community with efforts such as:
- Sponsoring six active Business Resource Groups
- Giving priority to D&I measurement and accountability with quarterly D&I dashboards reports to executives
- The company CEO co-chairing the company diversity council that meets quarterly to review goals and metrics in order to monitor progress.
- Being the first Wisconsin based company to sign the CEO Action pledge for Diversity and Inclusion and committing to uphold the four pillars of the pledge
With these progressive initiatives as well as many more The Wisconsin State SHRM Council is proud to recognize Schreiber Foods for its work in displaying the ideals of which the award represents in diversity and inclusion.
- CEO and Director of Diversity sharing with numerous organizations their best practices, as well as assisting many with their diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Lighting up their corporate offices in rainbow colors in June in recognition of Pride Month.
- Sponsoring the African American Heritage Emerging Student Leadership Institute a program providing relevant learning experiences to high school and college students in Northeast Wisconsin empowering them to be successful in predominantly white communities.
Pictured below is Al Hill, WI SHRM Diversity, Inclusion & Workflex Director; Stephanie Vander Zaden, Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Dave Coble, Senior Vice President of Human Resource Systems and Strategy at Schreiber Foods, after the Awards Presentation during the 2019 WI SHRM State Conference at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin.