WI SHRM 2017 Diversity Award Nominations Now Accepted
WI-SHRM Workplace Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex Advocate Wisconsin State Council - Society for Human Resource Management
CRITERIA AND PROCESS
What is the Workplace Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex Advocate Award and why is it offered?
To recognize organizations that foster an inclusive work environment in which all employees are inspired to contribute their best through their different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences. To award an organization who has been a role model in their local community as a strong advocate for diversity, inclusion and workplace flexibility. To promote and share best practices to increase the level of diverse, inclusive and flexible workplaces. This award will be based on organizational achievements. The Workplace Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex Advocate Award is presented at our WI State SHRM Conference held October 11 - 13 in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
Who is eligible?
Organization/company nominated for this award should:
Have displayed diversity in their local community.
Be a role model for others in their advocacy of diversity and inclusion.
Have demonstrated leadership in championing the cause of racial, cultural, ethnic, linguistic, and other dimensions of diversity within the human resources profession and community.
Be a pioneer in implementing innovative programs to increase flexibility in the workplace.
Be an organization, company or division of an organization/company that is based in the State of Wisconsin.
Who can nominate?
• Nominations may be submitted by a member of the Wisconsin State Council of SHRM (e.g., SHRM Chapter Presidents, Functional Directors, Regional Directors, or Officers).
• Nominations may also be submitted by a Chapter Diversity Advocate/Chair from a Wisconsin SHRM Chapter. (Local Chapter Members and Chapter Board Members may prepare nominations for submission by their SHRM Chapter President or Chapter Diversity Advocate/Chair.)
• An organization can self-nominate by submitting the application to the board of their local chapter or directly to Alvin C. Hill, Jr. – Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Workflex, WI SHRM.
NOTE: If you are nominating an organization other than your own, please work directly with the organization to fill out the nomination form. We want to ensure that the organization has had the opportunity to add initiatives, etc. to the application.
What is the nomination process?
• Complete the attached nomination form and submit by the deadline.
When are nominations due?
• A completed nomination form must be received by July 07, 2017, for consideration.
How are recipients selected?
Nominations will be reviewed by a Diversity Awards Committee of the Wisconsin State Council of SHRM and will based on an organization’s achievements.
Questions should be directed to:
Alvin C. Hill, Jr.
Wisconsin State Council -SHRM
Director of Diversity, Inclusion & Workflex
414 937-2156 email@example.com