Position Description & Duties
Promotes certification activities for the state council, SHRM affiliated chapters and their members.
The State Council Director
- Facilitate State & Chapter programming resource information & ensure that information regarding speakers, content, & related materials are made available to all Chapters.
- Serves as a voting member of the state council and is expected to attend and participate in all meetings of the council.
- Reports to the state director on a regular basis concerning activities promoting certification throughout the state.
- Promotes the certification of human resource professionals through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
- Promotes the formation of chapter study programs to facilitate the certification of chapter members.
- Promotes the partnering of chapters and universities to conduct certification preparation courses using the university-based SHRM Learning System.
- Encourages the certification of council members.
- Develops communication programs in and about certification (e.g. topical, process, re-certification, issues, etc.).
- Identify individuals who demonstrate effective leadership roles within the district for potential leadership involvement on the council.
- Must be a SHRM member in good standing. HRCI certification required.
- Appointment is made by the state council director
- Self-directed work style
- Effective customer service skills
- Initiative to build relationships with Chapter leaders and position self as a resource
- Team orientation
- Ability to advocate for chapter and council
- Ability to recruit potential WISHRM council members
Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be reappointed for two additional one-year terms for a total service of three years.
Back to Board of Directors
Susan Richardson, PHR
WI State Council Certification Director
HR Results by Richardson LLC
P.O. Box 085206
Term Began: 1/1/14
Susan Richardson, SHRM-CP is the owner of HR Results by Richardson LLC, a human resource consulting business established in 2006. Susan has been a certified human resource professional since 1997 and earned her SHRM-CP certification in November 2014. She is a national SHRM member and a member of the SHRM Racine and Kenosha Area (SRKA) chapter. She is currently the Diversity CLA Director with SRKA. Prior to this role she served 3 years as Workforce Readiness CLA Director, 2 years as Treasurer, and 2 years as Membership CLA Director. Prior to the creation of the SRKA chapter, she was a member of the HRMA chapter. Susan earned a Bachelorís degree in Psychology and has over 30 years of experience in the Human Resources field.