As of March 31, 2016 - there were 1784
SHRM members with their SHRM Certification in the state of Wisconsin. If you would like to earn your SHRM Certification, keep reading and/or check out information at: www.shrmcertification.org
2016 SHRM Certification Handbook Link
Winter Exam Window
SHRM Education Partners in WI offering the SHRM Cert Prep courses
- 2016 Exam Registration Dates - December 1, 2016 - February 15, 2017
- Applications Accepted Starting: May 16, 2016
- Regular Application Deadline: October 21, 2016
- Late Application Deadline: November 11, 2016
- Moraine Park Technical College
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College-New Richmond
For additional information on SHRM Education Partners:
Chapters with SHRM Certification Assistance
SHRM Foundation Certification Scholarships
- Central Wisconsin SHRM - study group
- Fox Valley Chapter – study group
- Greater Madison Area SHRM – study group
- Green Bay SHRM - study group
- LaCrosse Area SHRM - self-study options for members (provides room space, etc.)
- Metro Milwaukee SHRM – study preparation courses SHRM CP and SHRM SCP
If you would like financial assistance toward the cost of becoming SHRM Certified, the SHRM Foundation will award 185 scholarships in 2016 to assist HR professionals in obtaining their SHRM certification. SHRM members may apply for this $750 award
to support their pursuit of professional SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
- Apply beginning May 2 through July 15, 2016 by completing and submitting the online application.
- Scholarship to be awarded in October 2016
Funds may be used for any combination of test preparation-such as SHRM Certification Preparation tools
and/or exam fees.
In addition, SHRM chapters and state councils may apply for an award to support their SHRM certification preparation programs. Each scholarship is a one-time award; however previous applicants and past scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply.
Brand New! Only In Wisconsin!!!
SHRM Foundation Wisconsin Certification Scholarship
Be on the lookout for information later in May on an upcoming 2016 Wisconsin only SHRM Foundation Certification Scholarship
– to be awarded to one person who lives or works in Wisconsin.
Join the growing ranks of SHRM Certified members in our state!
If you know someone early in their HR career or someone who would like to enter the profession, HRCI has opened registration for the new Associate Professional in Human Resources™ (aPHR™) for the November 2016 – January 2017 testing.
The aPHR, an industry first, is designed for:
- Recent graduates with an interest in an HR career.
- New HR professionals, including professionals who are switching careers.
- Line managers who have some HR responsibilities and want to expand their roles.
- Military personnel seeking HR professional development or transitioning into civilian HR roles.
For new HR professionals, earning the aPHR will demonstrate foundational knowledge of the HR practice and prove you have the qualifications needed to launch a successful HR career and certification path. As professionals grow and gain real-world experience, the aPHR designation establishes a sound launching point for continuous education and sets the stage for earning HRCI’s more advanced credentials such as the Professional in Human Resources®
) and Senior Professional in Human Resources®
For more information, go to www.hrci.org