There are two ways to become HR certified:
- SHRM Certification (Society for Human Resource Management)
- HRCI Certification (Human Resources Certification Institute)
SHRM has established two competency-based certifications:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) for early- and mid-career professionals
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) for senior-level practitioners.
The SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCK) is the foundation for these certifications. The SHRM BoCK identifies eight key behavioral competencies and 15 HR functional areas that are critical to the success of any HR professional.
Currently there are 4 SHRM Education Partners in WI offering the SHRM Cert Prep courses:
- Moraine Park Technical College
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College-New Richmond
To become SHRM Certified, you need to check if you meet the eligibility criteria, submit an application, and take the SHRM Certification exam.
Exam Windows and Fees
For Frequently Asked Questions
HRCI offers six certifications that provide an opportunity for you to demonstrate relevance, competence, experience, credibility and dedication to human resources to employers, clients, staff members and professional peers.
- PHR Professional in Human Resources proves your mastery of HR operations, best practices and regulations in the U.S. and creates a solid foundation for your future advancement.
- SPHR Senior Professional in Human Resources the recognized credential for HR leaders in the U.S.
- GPHR Global Professional in Human Resources demonstrates your knowledge of cross-border HR.
- PHRi Professional in Human Resources International proves your mastery of HR operations and best practices, regardless of geographical region.
- SPHRi Senior Professional in Human Resources International For HR leaders independent of geographic region.
- PHR-CA/SPHR-CA California Certification For certified professionals who practice HR in California.
See more at: http://www.hrci.org/our-programs/our-hr-certifications#sthash.fPV6e5mJ.dpuf
To become HRCI certified, you need to check your eligibility, submit an application and take the HRCI Certification Exam.
Certification Requirements and Eligibility
Exam Fees and Deadlines
Find out more about HR certifications today and join the thousands of Wisconsin HR Certified Professionals!
Susan Richardson, WISHRM Certification Director
Earning a HR Certification credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in todays economy.