The Treasurer directs the financial affairs of the State Council.
- Attend all State Council meetings, actively participating in Council matters.
- Maintain all financial records of the State Council required by law or the Society.
- Prepare, interpret and disseminate periodic financial status reports for approval by the State Council.
- Prepare annual budget of revenue and expenses and submit it for State Council approval.
- Maintain financial records and make financial transactions for all State Council events and programs.
- Oversee financial transactions and budgeting activities as carried out by the association management company.
- Chair the Finance Committee.
- Participate on the State Conference Committee with budgeting and income/expense monitoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be re-elected for two additional terms for a total of three years.
Chris joined the Payroll Company in February 2014 as an Account Development Manager. The Payroll Company specializes in Payroll processing and administration, 401K, timekeeping and HR Management. The Company is located in Middleton and Chris works out of the Milwaukee office. In her new role, Chris will utilize her broad range of HR experience and background that she gained from serving as Director of Human Resources and Operations at the Energy Center of Wisconsin for the last 15 years. For the past 15 years, Chris has served as Director of Human Resources and Operations at the Energy Center of Wisconsin, a non-profit research and training organization located in Madison. As a member of the organization’s leadership team, she participates in the organization’s strategic development and has managerial responsibilities in the areas of human resources, business operations and cash management. Chris has a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and a Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development, both from Upper Iowa University. She is also a certified Emergenetics Associate. Chris has been a member of the Madison SHRM Chapter for the past 15 years, serving for five years on that group’s Board of Directors.