The Treasurer directs the financial affairs of the State Council.
- Attend all State Council meetings, actively participating in Council matters.
- Maintain all financial records of the State Council required by law or the Society.
- Prepare, interpret and disseminate periodic financial status reports for approval by the State Council.
- Prepare annual budget of revenue and expenses and submit it for State Council approval.
- Maintain financial records and make financial transactions for all State Council events and programs.
- Oversee financial transactions and budgeting activities as carried out by the association management company.
- Chair the Finance Committee.
- Participate on the State Conference Committee with budgeting and income/expense monitoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be re-elected for two additional terms for a total of three years.
Chris Berg, PHR
Energy Center of WI
455 Science Drive, Ste. 200
Madison, WI 53711
For the past 15 years, Chris has served as Director of Human Resources and Operations at the Energy Center of Wisconsin, a non-profit research and training organization located in Madison. As a member of the organizationís leadership team, she participates in the organizationís strategic development and has managerial responsibilities in the areas of human resources, business operations and cash management. Chris has a Bachelorís degree in Human Resources and a Master of Business Administration in Organizational Development, both from Upper Iowa University. She is also a certified Emergenetics Associate. Chris has been a member of the Madison SHRM Chapter for the past 15 years, serving for five years on that groupís Board of Directors.