POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Secretary is responsible for assisting the State Director and other Council members with various special projects and sits on the Nominations Committee and the executive team for the Council.
RESPONSIBLE TO: State Director
1. Attend all State Council meetings, Executive Team meetings and actively participate in Council matters.
2. Review and prepare reports associated with Council meetings and activities. Review and provide approval of prepared minutes of Council meetings. Approve Council meeting attendance records.
3. Prepare and submit year-end SHRM Affiliate Program for Excellence (SHAPE).
4. Coordinate proclamation of annual HR Professionals Day.
5. Maintain Bylaws of Council and draft updates with Communications Coordinator as necessary for Council voting.
6. Facilitate renewal of Administrative Management Company contract with Treasurer and State Director.
7. Create theme and bi-annual Council magazine.
8. Obtain and administer Council Partnerships, including coordinating the marketing and promotion of opportunities and serving as a liaison between partners and members.
9. Assist with public relations matters as requested.
10. Assist other Council members on various special projects and council communication for events, conferences, or activities.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by State Director.
12. Oversees Communications Coordinator
National SHRM membership in good standing required.
HRCI certification preferred.
Attend State Council Meetings
CORE COMPETENCIES SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Solid time management skills
Willingness to take initiative
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to persuade/negotiate
CORE COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR ALL COUNCIL MEMBERS:
• Self-directed work style
• Team orientation
• Ability to advocate for chapter and council
• Ability to recruit potential WISHRM council members
Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be re-elected for two additional terms for a total of three years.
Trishya Brown, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Aurora Health Care
7800 N 113th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53224
Term Began: 1/1/15
The State Director is the chief elected officer of the State Council and effectively establishes policy, strategies, and objectives consistent with SHRM, Region and National Board policies. The State Director provides guidance to Council members.
Trishya Joined the Metro Milwaukee SHRM Board in July 2008. Since then, Trishya has served in a variety of roles within the organization including Membership Director, College Relations Director, Spring Conference Co-Chair, and Chapter President. In 2013, Trishya joined the WI SHRM Council as Communications Coordinator. In 2014 she transitioned into her current WI SHRM role as Secretary. Trishya recently joined Aurora Health Care as Director, Human Resources Business Partner. Prior to joining Aurora, Trishya worked at Molina Healthcare providing HR business partnership to employees in Wisconsin and Puerto Rico.